City Manager – Purcell, OK
The City of Purcell, OK is searching for an experienced, energetic and forward looking leader to fill the position of City Manager that will serve as the chief executive officer and head the administrative branch of the City government and the General Manager of the Purcell Public Works Authority.
Purcell (7/1/22 US Census est. pop. – 6,762) is the county seat of McClain County, OK (7/1/22 US Census est. pop. – 45,306) and is just 20 minutes south of Norman, OK. Purcell is situated along I-35 and serves as the crossroads of I-35, US Highway 77, Oklahoma Highways 74 and 39. The geographic proximity to the OKC metro area, servicing the hub of the transportation spokes and its rural Oklahoma roots are currently fueling Purcell’s housing, commercial and industrial growth that serves both metro and rural communities. Purcell functions as a council-manager form of government with a council that consists of 5 at-large seats with approximately 130 employees. The position reports to the council and provides direction, insight and day to day management of the city government and public works authority organizations.
The ideal candidate will possess: a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field;
- at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative leadership, preferably in municipal government as a Manager or Assistant Manager;
- strong financial and budgeting skills;
- project development, planning and execution skills;
- capital improvement and construction project management skills;
- grant application, administration and implementation skills;
- employee recruitment, supervision, motivation, retention and policy development skills;
- labor and contract negotiation skills;
- effective verbal and written communication skills;
- effective customer service administration skills;
- the ability to work with various groups effectively; and
- the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The City of Purcell offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package for this position.
Interested parties should submit their resume with qualifications and professional references to:
Purcell City Clerk, City Hall, 230 W. Main St, Purcell, OK 73080.
Responses requested to be turned in by September 1, 2023.
The City of Purcell is an Equal Opportunity Employer